Spring is getting very close indeed and the urge to get out in the garden and “do something” is growing. But I need a bit of restraint as weather in these parts is quite variable just now.
So today I restricted myself to two urgent tasks, transplanting a rhubarb corm for a friend and tieing up the broad beans.
As you can see the rhubarb was rather bigger than I originally thought.
So into a larger container it went, along with some interference from the girls who wanted to pick the good bits out of the compost first.
I left it a bit late to do this job so I hope the plant survives.
Thankfully the broad beans were a bit easier to manage, particularly after I put the chooks away. The plants are growing away nicely and we can expect a big growth spurt once the warm weather really arrives.
In went the poles and out came three t-shirts worth of ‘rope. I can’t remember just how long we’ve been using this to tie up the broad beans but it’s been a few years now. As you can probably see there is no real rhyme or reason to my tieing pattern. Just keep winding until it runs out.
Oh and I did manage a bit of weeding while I was there. Enough to keep the chooks happy at least.