If you are looking to spend some time away from the garden at present then perhaps you will be interested in visiting an exhibition at Craft ACT called Machine in the Garden by the South Australian-based artist Christine Cholewa. Christine works in glass that is cast, slumped etched and printed on tiles and in bowls and glasses.
Christine uses images of machinery and family photograhs in her work, these need to be seen at close range to fully appreciate the intricate detail of her work.
Christine Cholewa, The Harvest, 2011, hand blown glass, kiln formed, etched (Photograph Creative Image Photography), image courtesy of Craft ACT
- She also has a wonderful graphic sense which is shown in her collection of small brooches.
- While you are visiting don’t forget to check out the Craft ACT shop which is full of fantastic items from local artists, great quality and variety fantastic for a gift for yourself or some other lucky person!
- Opening hours
- Tuesday to Friday 10:00AM – 5:00PM
- Saturday 12:00 noon – 4:00PM
- Admission to Craft ACT exhibitions is free of charge.
- Sundays and Mondays
- Public holidays